Southern Cross Round the Bays
Southern Cross Round the Bays 2023 Sunday, March 5
Southern Cross Round the Bays isn’t your average fun run – it’s New Zealand’s largest! Boasting over 34,000 participants each year and growing.
Melanoma New Zealand is the Official Charity Partner for 2023.
This year the event is based in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, with the 8.4km course following the Waitematā Harbour’s picturesque coastline. However, you can do it your way by joining us on the day or virtually from wherever you are in the world. Are you in?
Run for a reason
Support Melanoma New Zealand to help us reach our mission of no deaths in New Zealand from melanoma by nominating to fundraise for Melanoma New Zealand when you sign up to participate in Southern Cross Round the Bays.
Sign Up to Fundraise
Make a difference and help Melanoma New Zealand champion melanoma prevention, detection and patient care for all New Zealanders.
- Melanoma is the third most common cancer in men and women in New Zealand
- 6,000 melanomas are diagnosed in New Zealand every year
- Melanoma accounts for nearly 80% of all skin cancer deaths
- Over 300 Kiwis die of melanoma every year
- Around 70% of melanoma cases occur in people aged 50 years and older
- Darker-skinned people may have a lower chance of getting melanoma, but they often have thicker, more serious melanomas
Melanoma rarely occurs in children
- Death rates are higher among men and appear to be increasing
How to sign up
Do it as an individual or team up with your whānau and friends
How it works
Sign up to participate in Southern Cross Round the Bays – in Auckland or virtually anywhere in the world.
Create a fundraising page, nominating to fundraise for Melanoma New Zealand
Share your fundraising page and tag Melanoma New Zealand on all your socials.
How your fundraising helps
Melanoma New Zealand receives no funding from Government. Therefore we rely on donations, grants and support from our partners and patrons to fund our work.
Monies raised during Round the Bays can help us deliver:
- Campaigns and initiatives to raise awareness about the importance of early detection and prevention of melanoma
- Patient support
- Our Melanoma New Zealand Spot Check Van into the community to provide FREE spot checks and education
- Advocacy – Addressing access, removing barriers to quality services, and advocating for improved outcomes for New Zealanders.
Each dollar raised goes towards achieving our mission of having no deaths from melanoma in New Zealand.