We’ve gathered some useful links and resources to help you be informed about melanoma.
These are resources which are trusted and reliable.
- Glossary of Terms – Melanoma Unit
- Understanding Early Melanoma Book
- Understanding Advanced Melanoma Book
- What You Need To Know About Immunotherapy
- Preparing For Immunotherapy
- Immunotherapy Side Effects
- Immunotherapy And Lifestyle
- Seeking Support During Immunotherapy
- Skin Cancer Self Check Booklet
- Skin Cancer Posters
Don’t be afraid to ask your specialist or care team questions at appointments and during treatments. The more you know the better.
- Melanoma Support New Zealand (private Facebook group)
- Cancer Society New Zealand
- Financial Support
- Keytruda Kiwis (private Facebook group)
- Look Good Feel Better
- Lymphoedema Support Network
Ask your GP to recommend support services in your area.
All websites listed here are not maintained by Melanoma New Zealand.
If you come across a link that seems to be broken, please do let us know so that we can keep these resources up to date.
My family is incredibly important to me. Amelia and I grew up together and were very close. She died when she was just 12 years old. I was 11 when we lost her; my family is so close and tight knit – losing her was just devastating.”
– Laura McGoldrick