Terms & conditions
Copyrights and Restrictions of Use
All the content included on this web site, including all the text, graphics, photographs, logos, icons, buttons and images (“Content”), is the property of Melanoma New Zealand , or its content suppliers or its product suppliers and protected by New Zealand and international copyright laws. The compilation, collection, selection, arrangement, assembly, and coordination of all Content available on this web site is the exclusive property of Melanoma New Zealand and protected by New Zealand and international copyright laws.
All Content on this web site may only be used by you for personal sampling and information gathering. You may make copies of selected portions of the Content, provided that such copies are made only for your personal use and only if you maintain any proprietary notices contained in such Content. Any other use of the Content, including but not limited to, the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication or display for any other purposes is strictly prohibited
Graphics, logos, and service names used on this web site are the trademarks of Melanoma New Zealand or its suppliers. Trademarks may not be used in connection with any third-party products or services or in any manner that disparages or discredits us or our suppliers. All other brands and names (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The content contained in this web site is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranty of any kind. Further, Melanoma New Zealand disclaims all warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to the operation of the web site and the information, services, products and materials on this web site to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
This web site does not contain all the information about melanoma, nor does this web site contain all medical information that may be relevant. All content provided in this web site is not intended for diagnosis and cannot provide a diagnosis for any particular individual and should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care. All specific medical questions you have about your medical condition, treatment, care, or diagnosis should be presented to your own professional healthcare provider.
The Melanoma New Zealand web site includes content provided by third parties and users. For such content, Melanoma New Zealand is a distributor and not a publisher. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information expressed or made available by third parties (including subscribers, merchants and licensors) are those of the respective authors or distributors of such content and not of Melanoma New Zealand or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or agents. There are no warranties made as to the completeness, accuracy, currency, or reliability of information published by Melanoma New Zealand.
Melanoma New Zealand does not warrant that information, services, and products contained in this web site will satisfy your requirements or that it is without defect or error.
You acknowledge, by your use of this web site, that your use of this web site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated with any of your use of this web site, including responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this web site.
Limitation on Liability
As partial consideration for your use of and access to this web site, you agree that: (i) in no event will Melanoma New Zealand or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this web site or any site linked to this web site, be liable to you in any manner whatsoever for any decision made or action or non-action taken by you in reliance upon the information provided through this web site; and (ii) the aggregate liability of Melanoma New Zealand, or any of its distributors or dealers, arising from or relating to this agreement (regardless of the form of action or claim, e.g. contract, warranty, tort, strict liability, negligence, malpractice, fraud, and/or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of any products supplied or purchased from Melanoma New Zealand in the relevant transaction; and (iii) Melanoma New Zealand shall not in any case be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, even if Melanoma New Zealand has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal or unenforceable, then such section shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent necessary and the remainder (including any revised portion of the agreement) shall remain and have full force and effect.
Effective from 16th October 2019
- how we collect personal information;
- the kind of personal information we collect;
- how we use, and may share, your personal information;
- how we process payments;
- how we store personal information;
- how we may use the Google Analytics service;
- responsibility for personal information collected through linked third party websites;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information; and
- who you can contact for further information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you by the following means:
- when you sign up to our newsletter or mailing list;
- when you make a donation to us;
- when you contact us about fundraising for us;
- when you contact us about volunteering for us;
- when you volunteer for us at events;
- if you enter into a competition or other promotion that we run;
- when you contact us for any other purpose; and
- when we otherwise provide information or services to you.
The kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you give us or authorise others to provide to us (which may include your name, date of birth, and contact details including phone number and email address).
If you contact us via social media or a messaging platform (eg Facebook/Facebook Messenger), we may collect your name and social media profile information that we have access to, and any other information that you make available to us.
We may also keep a record of our communications with you.
If you are making a donation to us, we may collect and process your credit or debit card or other payment details that you provide to us.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with any information or resources that you request or register for with us;
- to process and respond to your queries or requests;
- to process any donation or other payment that you make to us;
- to administer a competition or promotion you have entered;
- to inform you of any events, campaigns, promotions, resources or services that may be of interest to you;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for our administrative purposes;
- to improve the resources and services that we offer; and
- to aggregate the personal information with other information or data.
We may disclose information about you:
- to our service providers (including our hosting providers and payment processors) and other third parties to the extent reasonably required to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above);
- if we are requested to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations; or
- with your authorisation or where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
Where we have aggregated your personal information with other information or data, we may use, publish, disclose, provide or exploit the aggregated information or data set in any form and in any manner, except that:
- we will not publish, disclose or provide the aggregated information or data set in a form where you are specifically identified; and
- we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information cannot readily be identified in, or extracted from, any aggregated information or data set which is to be published, disclosed or provided.
Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
How we process payments
How we store personal information
Certain information may be stored on our hosting provider’s servers. We have entered into appropriate arrangements requiring our hosting provider to keep the hosted information secure and confidential.
Where we store personal information ourselves, we ensure that it is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
- to allow you to navigate and use key features on the website;
- for session authentication purposes; and
- to collect information about how you use the website.
A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Site.
Information supplied by cookies and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Site’s visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Some cookies we use last only for the duration of your website session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some of their features or functionality may be limited.
How we may use the Google Analytics service
Responsibility for personal information collected through linked third party websites
The Site, any newsletters or other communications we provide to you may contain links to third party websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by and are not controlled by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the privacy practices of the third party websites linked to. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
How you can access/amend your personal information
To access the personal information being held by us, or to request a copy, or to request a correction to that information, please contact us.
You may access your personal information that we hold by contacting us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
How long we hold personal information
We will determine how long we will hold your personal information, except that we will not keep personal information for longer as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use it.
Who you can contact for further information
Postal address: Level 1, 69 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The sale or supply of all products and services from Melanoma New Zealand Internet site are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Melanoma New Zealand has the right to refuse the sale or supply of any product or service where we deem appropriate.
- Every effort will be made to supply you with your order, however, we do not accept liability should we decline an order or fail to supply due to unforeseen circumstances. ( in this instance a refund will be issued)
- Melanoma New Zealand contracts third party Couriers for deliveries; we shall not be liable for failure to deliver on a timely basis due to causes beyond our control.
- Liability limited to price of product.
- No liability for consequential loss.
- All sales are final, and no refunds will be issued
Payments are made by Credit card or by direct credit to our bank account. Credit card statements will show payment made to Melanoma New Zealand.
Customs and Shipping
Individual countries have various laws for the importation of Goods. Melanoma New Zealand will not accept any liability or make compensation payments for loss, damage, delayed delivery or parcels halted by customs and subject to inspection fees – Melanoma New Zealand is not liable for these fees. We urge you to check your country’s legislation for any items prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any country or state to, or through which the items may be shipped.
Melanoma New Zealand appreciates hearing from its customers. By submitting your ideas, inventions, suggestions or other materials (your “submission”) you grant Melanoma New Zealand a perpetual, royalty-free, license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display your submission (in whole or in part) worldwide and to incorporate your submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without any notice or compensation to you.
Changes and Applicable Law
We reserve the right to make changes to our web site and the policies and conditions that govern the use of our web site at any time. We encourage you to review the web site and these terms regularly for any updates or changes. Your continued access or use of our web site shall be deemed your acceptance of these changes and the reasonableness of these standards for notice of changes. Use of the Melanoma New Zealand web site and purchases of products from Melanoma New Zealand shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between you and Melanoma New Zealand shall be brought exclusively in New Zealand court.